Tuesday, May 7, 2013

some good things

Primo has started chatting to me when I pick him up from school, and at other times he seeks me out to share -- not just the special interests, but events from his day, his thoughts about them.  It's hard to explain, but there is a new kind of connection to his world, and to me, which I hope he is also experiencing with other people in his life.  It's wonderful!

Secundo is managing not to attack his brother every time he is upset; he has come up to me several times lately to talk about what happened, sobbing, still blaming, but making that crucial transition from acting on impulse to putting his emotions into symbolic form.  We have a long way to go, but it's a promising breakthrough.

I'm glad to have something positive to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment